Sunday, December 11, 2011

Silhouette Sunday by Ghostwriter. Heaven Is Bliss


I just read through Ghostwriter's Silhouette Sunday , posted for free at the BDSM Library.

Story Codes: M/f M+/f+ D/s BDSM bondage ScFi humiliation Synopsis: In times past, women were either maidens or whores. In the future, they are both.

Space. The final frontier. These are the tales of a group of colonists who crash land on planet hell and become...

Really weird.

I was sort of blown away by the intriguing nature of Silhouette Sunday. The story in it's basic form describes a culture supposedly started by Christian Zealots but seems to resemble modern day Islam. Women wear veils, they can't watch television, the news, or drive. They're responsible for the children... yada, yada, yada.

At least half the time.

The other half of the time women are forced through mind control to wear "pony outfits" and prance around behind carts. Yes folks, future society on the planet of Silhouette has really evolved into something impressive.


In "Silhouette Sunday", the story is told from the perspective of one of the wives of Silhouette. Right from the start you get the feeling that all is not right with the world while she describes their religious services. Basically women have two roles in this society: maiden and whore. The gender inequality gets even more obvious as her husband leads her to their "clubhouse" for a round of "whore." Later at home, my mind was boggled when she spends hours "praying" while the husband plays with the kids.

From a grammar perspective, Silhouette Sunday is well written. Sentence structure uses a decent combination of compound and simple sentences and except for the continuing problems that the BDSM Library is experiencing with their HTML reader, I didn't notice any glaring issues. It's always nice to get someone who can write correctly.

The plot of "Silhouette Sunday" was a bit of a mystery to me. "Mentally coerced woman tells of her life on Planet Silhouette," seems a bit basic. Additionally, the author spent a lot of time, and I mean A LOT in setting up the basic societal structure. To make matters more interesting, the author is clearly a Trekkie and put his fictional society on a fictional planet in Gene Roddenberry's fictional "Star Trek" universe. I kind of got hung up on this fact for a bit. A talented author like Ghostwritter shouldn't have needed to use the "world" of someone else. The "Trekkie" parts were quite limited and it should have been easy to create an alternative to "Starfleet".

The society on Silhouette intrigues me though. Obviously the men are allowed to mind control the women and for some reason have balanced things out between "maiden" and "whore". Why? Why the hell would any man choose to have his wife as a "maiden" clad in curve hiding veils at all times?

Why on earth (or anywhere else for that matter) would you want THIS?

Hell, if I were on this planet, my wife would not only be a practically constant "whore", but she'd be pulling MY cart naked for god's sake.

Especially when you can have this full time?

After I and my friends got done using her in every way possible, I might THEN let her beg for the mental release of "heaven", allowing her to cum. Also, what's with the "pain" command? If I want my whore to experience pain, I'll spank her, or whip her, or put clamps on her. Here these guys are on a planet that allows them to use mind control on all of their women and what are they doing with it? I'm all for a woman being on her knees for hours at a time, but she should at LEAST have a cock in her mouth, right? The praying sounds like a way not to spend time with your wife. I guess if you want to watch the game, it might be good to get her out of the way, but really, I'd rather just lock her in "whore" mode and tell her to start praying with my cock in her mouth and to not block my view of the television.

In essence, I'm not sure this society is a viable one. Sure, it's intriguing. But look at the opportunities they miss out on! Of course, I'm booking passage for me and my wife on the next transport ship out to Silhouette. It's time for a little religious reformation and if the Federation Council doesn't like what's happening there now, just wait till it becomes a hotter vacation spot than Risa.

Read Ghostwriter's "Silhouette Sunday" on the BDSM Library!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Michael.
    Glad you liked the story but I feel a little sad after reading your review. At no point was I thinking of Islamic dressing when I wrote the story; I was thinking the nun habit. Damm but I really need to brush up on my description. Happy you like the ponyplay, I don’t write about that a lot so I’m glad I got it right.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the real reason I went Islamic rather than Christian is the veils. Nuns don't wear them, at least none that I've ever seen. Oh well! Still a fascinating story!

    ReplyDelete