Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: Her Master's Kiss by Vivien Sparx

"Her Master's Kiss" by Vivien Sparx, reviewed by Breanne Erickson.  

Deep in my heart, I'm a romantic. I admit it. I like the idea of love at first sight, the warm rush that comes from seeing someone look at you with a penetrating gaze, knowing that they see your very core, and not just your body.  I cry at the movies during the love scenes.  I'm a sucker for sob stories and my heart strings are easily played.

So reading "Her Master's Kiss" by Vivien Sparx was an adventure in emotional drama!  It's a story of a girl named Renee who doesn't seem to have much confidence in herself and after an emotional scene with her disappointed boyfriend, seeks out the aid of a professional master who trains women to be submissive. Master Stephen is cold, logical, and hard. Frankly, I would love to spend some time in HIS place. "Her Master's Kiss" focuses on the emotional and mental aspects of being submissive, almost becoming a primer for the mental adjustments necessary to put one's self in the correct mind frame to be a submissive as Vivien Sparx sees it.

This book is very different from the kinds of stuff that I write.  I'm a hedonist - it's all about the sexual physical pleasure, even the pain.  Vivien Sparx takes the master/submissive relationship in an entirely different way and I can't help but say I'm impressed.  There is one scene in the book which really struck me, right near the beginning, when Renee is standing there, so clearly and desperately aroused and she is told not to explode, that denying her needs is the first step to becoming submissive.  Her struggle and eventual mastery of that very emotional disconnect was amazing to me.  The character was able to remove herself from the immediate needs of her own body, in order to please her master.  Not that I plan on emulating the idea of course.  For me the submissive/mistress relationship is a challenge.  I'm a filly in need of breaking and I'll fight and struggle and be bad - because I WANT to be broken. I LIKE being broken.  And after I'm broken, I'll come back for another round just as ornery and naughty as before.

It's a very different psychological place to be I guess. I wonder how Master Stephen would deal with a girl like me?

And from there the romance flies and the plot thickens.  The lines between submissive and master blur as Renee forces Stephen to open up emotionally, accepting the punishment for speaking her mind, for refusing to obey orders as if she were me!  I won't tell you how it ends, but the climax of the story had me right there with them, feeling what Renee was feeling, sighing and whimpering and wet.

In general, I prefer a little bit more sexual physicality in my M/s stories, but "Her Master's Kiss" was a slow burn of sexual delight that brought even a girl like me satisfaction.  And now I'm ready for the sequel!  What's next?  I'll let you know!

Check out Vivien Sparx's "Her Master's Kiss" at Amazon.com and visit her blog at http://viviensparx.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment